In our country, the Special Marriage Act of 1954 made registered marriages the legal way of getting married. It takes place through several stages and steps. Adult citizens of India belonging to any religion can apply for registered marriage. These days instant court marriage system is also available in India. You can easily apply for tatkal Court Marriage in Delhi if you have all the important documents that are required for the process.
Conditions of applying for Court Marriage
These are the conditions if you are planning to register for Court Marriage
- The bridegroom must not be below 21 years and the bride must not be below 18 years.
- The person involved must not be legally married to anyone else.
- The parties concerned must not be involved in any sort of relationship that is legally prohibited in India.
Documents necessary for Court Marriage in India
Certain documents are required if you want to get married in a court.
- Application form and fees
- Photographs (passport size) of the two persons who are about to get married
- Date of birth certificates of both candidates
- Residential proofs of the bride and the groom
- PAN Card and residential proofs of the witnesses
- If one of the persons applying for court marriage has been married before, divorce certificate or death certificate of ex-spouse needs to be produced.
The benefits of Registered Marriage
The advantages of this type of marriage are many. It does not involve wastage of huge sums of money and couples can get married in a simple way. Poor parents will be immensely benefitted as they will not have to borrow money from relatives for dowry and performance of other traditional, meaningless rituals during their daughter’s marriage. Court Marriage will lessen cases of female infanticide and women can use these legal documents for availing alimony from the groom at the time of divorce